See Examples of Tile Roof Restorations in Sydney
Please click on an roof tile restoration image to enlarge
A roof restoration of you terracotta roof only takes 3 days and your roof will look brand new as these 60 year old roofs in the photos look.
This is how I proceed:
- The site is made safe, power lines insulated,and my tradesmen equipped with the necessary safety gear.
- All the broken tiles are replaced and matched to existing tiles, we find and average of 50 tiles need to be replaced on the roof.
- The roof is now cleaned using a high pressure water gun, starting from the top of the roof and working our way down to prevent water damage.
- Then an anti-fungicide is applied to the tiles to kill the lichen spores.
- Valleys are replaced if needed.
- Ridges bedded where necessary.
- Ridges and gable ends pointed in flex-point which allows for expansion and contraction.
- and finally the site is cleaned.
- Terracotta tiles can last 1000 years or more as long as they are not subject to fretting agents such as salt.
- You now have the best looking and most weatherproof roof in the street!