Many homeowners choose Palliside Cladding over other weatherboards and materials for exterior wall cladding because of the benefits they provide. With the superior finish of these weatherboards, homes can have the natural charm and appeal of timber minus the peeling, fading, powdering, rotting and termite attack and other problems that homeowners often encounter. Designed and engineered in Australia to withstand Australia’s extreme climate, Palliside is co-extruded and has a unique UV protection layer. The board’s solid colour and 7 mm thickness contribute to it’s durability.
Palliside Cladding also serves as great external house cladding for properties located in Australia’s bush fire zones. With their durable finish, these weatherboards are also suitable for houses in tropical cyclone region C or terrain category 3, as defined in the wind loading code AS1170.2. These weatherboards also come with an anti-capillary channel that prevents moisture, wind, and pests from getting behind the walls. They require minimal maintenance – homeowners only need to clean them with soap and water.
The Benefits of Using Palliside for External Wall Cladding Products:
- Maintains colour and will not fade because of its unique UV protecting top coat
- Does not powder because of its unique UV protecting top coat
- 7 mm thick with UV protection to with stand hail storms
- Can be used in tropical cyclone rated C regions
- Does not warp from the sun
- Suitable for bushfire designated areas (nil fire ignition rate)
- Designed to meet Australian standards, Type A construction material, designed to be used in new construction
- Provides acoustic and thermal insulation
- Has a 25 year genuine warranty by the Australian manufacturer
External wall materials have been used in Sydney to clad timber framed houses since first settlement
Timber weatherboards were used prior to the second world war. After the war there was a shortage of building material and so fibro (Asbestos) was used. Since the 1970s aluminium, vinyl and Palliside UPVC weatherboard have been used to clad over these houses to eliminate the high cost of maintenance.
Palliside Cladding – the most popular choice
With Palliside Cladding you can have the look and charm of weatherboards without the worry and cost of maintenance, or concerns about corrosion, peeling or vermin attack. It provides UV stability and strength and with it’s cellular foam construction it is a 7mm thick weatherboard with solid colour throughout, designed and engineered for Australia’s extreme climate. It will not support combustion and can be used in bush fire zoned regions of Australia (Palliside is being used in the reconstruction of houses in the bush fired ravaged areas of Victoria). It can be used in tropical cyclone region C or terrain category 3 as defined in the wind loading code AS1170.2. Palliside has a UV protection layer designed uniquely for Australia. The anti-capillary channel when the boards are locked together prevents vermin, moisture and wind getting behind the walls. It is simply cleaned with soapy water.
Click here to read more about the history of Palliside Cladding in Sydney.
Advantages of Palliside Cladding:
- Palliside Cladding will not fade
- Palliside cladding systems will not powder
- Palliside Clad homes are hail damage proof
- Palliside weatherboards will not warp
- approved in bushfire designated areas (nil fire ignition rate)
- is made & designed in Australia
- insulates against heat/cold
- Palliside clad houses have better insulation against acoustic disturbance
- has a 25 year Australian warranty by the Australian manufacture
These are Before & After Photos, Please click on an image to enlarge