The home was previously clad in Vinyl cladding, which had deteriorated over the years as it is imported and not suitable for Australia’s harsh climate. The windows were old butt jointed skinny aluminium ones and a timber architrave had been fitted in order to take away the hole, in the wall, look.
The house had been originally built with round corners at the entry. The gutters and facias were original and needed replacing and the roof needed a complete restoration. The front patio was completely useless giving no protection from the weather.
The whole exterior of the home was renewed:
- The roof was restored replacing all broken tiles, cleaned, a sealer applied and then 2 coats of Nu-tech 2000 roof membrane in black.
- The gutters facias and downpipes were renewed in colorbond in black to match the roof.
- The eaves were covered in Icon eave sheet which gives the appearance of the v-jointed timber, a beachy look.
- The windows were changed to Bracey cladding windows which have 70 mm built in external architrave which eliminates the “hole on the wall look ” of normal aluminium windows, laminated security glass was used in the windows for security and to also insulate.
- The old warped and faded vinyl cladding was replaced with Australian made Palliside UPVC weatherboards which never have to be painted ,will not fade, warp and also insulate the home. Notice that the old fashion round corners were squared off.
- The old patio was replaced with a colorbond one, fitted to the new facia and extended to the front eave line to give maximum weather protection.
Now the home has been fully renovated and is now maintenance free!